Sunday, November 19, 2017

Fall Break Day 3: Beek, Netherlands

Today we ventured to Beek.  Not a town that is on the tourist list when most people visit the Netherlands.  Colin enjoys WWII history so when we saw the brochure for War Museum Eyewitness, we added it to our list for an easy day trip.  I had my doubts when GPS said we had arrived . . .
. . . the museum is in a house on the main street between two other residents.  We parked and went inside.  I guess the saying don't judge a book by its cover sort of rings true.  We paid and watched the introduction film which was very well done.  The museum was good too; I think I read it was a private collection which is even more amazing.  I could not get over all the realistic displays.  Most of the information was in Dutch but there were some rooms that had information cards translated to English which was very helpful and nice.  I think Colin enjoyed it but all he seemed to want to do was stop at the grocery store and buy some strawberries, but first he humored me with a photo.
Oh and yes the grocery stores are open on Sunday in the Netherlands such a change from life in Germany!

No comments:

Post a Comment