Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Day 1: Michigan Road Trip

School is finally out, and we are ready to hit the road for some summer fun.  This week we kick off summer break with a Michigan Road Trip.  Our flight arrived in Detroit on time (Colin's flight was free thanks to the Southwest Companion Pass), grabbed the rental car, and are ready to hit the road . . . wait how does this car start?
Okay so I haven't been inside a new car without a gear shifter thingy so all these push buttons have me confused a bit.  We hit the road and start driving . . . and drive . . . and drive until I finally decide to take a break because I am tired.  We pulled into Hartwick Pines State Park to do a little exploring and eat our picnic lunch.  My first impression is from Colin complaining about the bugs and then I start complaining about all the bugs too.  Mosquitoes are not our friends.  Oh well so we don't have any bug spray so into the woods we go to explore a little bit.
The trails were nice and so was the visitor center and Logging Museum.  We are back on the road with just a few hours until we reach our destination for the night, Sault St. Marie.  I pulled into a gas station and was amazed it was full service . . . like in the old days but the cost was the same no matter who pumped my gas!  I tell you I think this day and time people would pay extra for full service especially if the weather is bad!  It was nice to arrive at the hotel and relax a bit before tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment