Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Turks and Caicos day 2

Another early wake up which really is nice for me.  I left the room and hardly anyone out and about.  I walked down the beach enjoying the peacefulness . . . I am finally in a vacation photo!
I had avocado toast for breakfast at Neptunes and then next door to Bayside Restuarant for fresh fruit.  I walked a lot which was good since I was going to be eating a lot today.  I lounged by the beach and pool for hours.  When I got tired of one off to the other which really was all I did most of this trip.  I returned to the room around noon to see if Colin wanted to join me for lunch and beach time.  He decided he wasn't going to leave the room so off I went again.  I didn't pay to sit in a hotel room but he could make that choice.  I left him a room key and told him I would see him back at the room for dinner.  Trust me I was not happy with his choice but wasn't going to let it spoil my day.  So I continued my restaurant tastings with lunch at Barefoot by the Sea for a fish taco, then to the Jerk Shack for chicken and roasted corn on cob on the beach of course!
Then off to Marios for dessert!  Throw in some beach walks and swims to burn some calories too.   Now here is the funny part.  Remember Colin was holed up in the room while I was out exploring.  I was laying by the pool when out of the corner of my eye I saw him walk by.  I ignored him and  just watched him.  He finally saw me and came over ready to go to the beach.  Of course I made a big deal about him finally leaving the room.  He fessed up that he left to go get food but forgot the key and was locked out.  I laughed . . . kids never want parents around until they need something.  He wanted to go to the beach so off we went.  It was nice to play in the sand and just watch him be a kid at heart.  I know he was a bit bored being by himself but he is sort of used to that when we travel.
I continued to do this . . .
After a few hours we returned to the room to change and head out to dinner.  I went out alone for some pre-dinner food.  As I was walking I noticed the sun setting . . .
Glad I took a minute to stop and enjoy.  My first stop was for sushi at Soy, then on to a buffet sampling at Giuiseppe's and Colin joined me for dinner at Arizonas   I had shrimp and grits while he had a huge T-Bone steak . . . such a Texan.  We rounded off our night with dessert and coffee at Cafe de Paris and a late night snack for Colin at Bobby Dee's.  I was full but was so fun to eat at so many different places too.  We never had to wait for a table as the resort wasn't super crowded.  My favorite part of the day was just relaxing!

***Disclaimer***  The food portions were small and there were breaks between all this ridiculous calorie intake.  Well and naps on the beach too.  I didn't just go from place to place and eat . . . well okay so maybe I did but guess what?  I have no regrets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment