Thursday, July 1, 2021

Hico, Texas

 . . . and just what was the surprise?  As we approached our destination, we were driving down an unpaved road that one might seem would lead them to a scary end.  Seeing the curiosity and excitement on his face brought me such joy!  During the start of the shutdown I watched a lot of television . . . like a lot.  One show that I started following was called The Texas Bucket List.  One of the episodes I happened to watch featured a place in Hico, Texas called Mini Tank Battlefield.  I just knew Colin would love it!  I mean the kid loves tanks and paintball!
Seriously how cool is that mini tank?  You drive the tank and mounted on the front is a paintball gun.  It really is pretty cool to me too.  So since it was just the two of us, we battled each other.  I knew Colin would take revenge on me and not hold back!  How excited does he look?  I am sure he is plotting how to make me miserable.
I was prepared to be killed!  I think this might be one of those times he takes revenge on me . . . you know something we tell our kids that you should never let anyone win.  So here we go . . .
The Mini Tank Battlefield is literally in the middle of a field on a road that leads to nowhere.  It was so beautiful and peaceful and the owner Robert was super nice!  He sure has a fun place for people to go out and have a blast or blow off some steam or take revenge on your worst enemy, best friend, or loving mom!  Oh and did Colin ever kick my a**!
This was what I looked like after the first battle . . . somehow I even had paint on my nose.  I do not know how it got under my mask but I was a colorful mess.  Of course I was wondering just how many battles I would have to endure?  I swear the third paintball that hit me pegged my collar bone and man did it hurt!  Colin is a  good shot; I am not but I was a good sport and did the best I could.  Thankfully after battle two Colin had some paint on his tank!
At this point we were having a blast even though it was obvious who was 'winning'!  The pounding Texas sun was awful but the fun seemed to make me forget the time together was what mattered the most.  After four (or five or a hundred) rounds, our battle was over!  We were hot, sweaty but all smiles laughing!
Colin can't wait to do it again.  I can't wait to take him back with his friends so I don't have to get pegged with paintballs!  It was a fun activity not far from our house!  
And just for the record my collar bone is killing me!  This was about 2 hours after our battle and he hit me right on the bone!  
And since we were close, we ended with one of our favorite places to eat, Babe's . . .
 

1 comment:

  1. You do find the most interesting things to do, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete