Friday, June 21, 2024

Inks Lake to McKinney Falls to Lost Pines

Summer has been a bit slow. I asked Colin if he wanted to go somewhere, and he said he wanted to go fishing. So, I got busy searching and found a cabin at Inks Lake State Park. I quickly booked it and Colin started packing the car with a ridiculous amount of fishing gear. I have started trying to visit more of the Texas state park. It is Texas and hot but I decided to be a team player and have fun! Inks Lake is beautiful. 
We fished all day and not one single fish! We checked into our cabin . . .
 . . . the positive was it had an air conditioner and the bath house (showers and toilets) was a short walk. This isn’t our normal lodging but we can do anything for one night, right? To make up for a crappy fishing day, we made the drive to Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls . . . pie makes everything better!
Well around 2am the air conditioner froze up. It was so stinking quiet neither of us could sleep. The AC would thaw out and turn back on but then go off again. It was pretty miserable but at some point, we both managed to fall asleep.

Do you ever get the feeling someone is watching you? Around 8am I had that feeling. I looked up and saw Colin looking down at me from his top bunk. I can’t tell you the last time Colin Sims was up at 8 AM on a vacation that we were not catching a flight. As he saw my eyes open, he muttered, “I hate this place”. We both laughed and agreed to leave asap. He still wanted to fish so we regrouped and headed to the other side of Austin to McKinney Falls State Park. It was a very pretty park in the middle of a busy urban area. We grabbed our gear and found a spot. 
Colin fished for a couple hours and finally had a catch! One single fish in two days!
We called it a day and made the quick drive to one of our favorite Texas hotels, Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort. It was a bit of a step up from our cabin!
We love hanging out at this resort . . . lazy river, skeet shooting, fishing, relaxing by the pool, and the best part . . . nightly fires for s'mores!

No comments:

Post a Comment