Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Island Hopping Day 2: Waikiki Beach, Hawaii

Today is an easy day.  I am staying in Waikiki Beach (free on hotel points) and it is packed with tourist.  I just spent the day walking and enjoying the sunshine and weather!  Let me be honest it was really hard to stay awake!  It is ridiculously hot and humid, and I keep asking myself why I keep vacationing in these type of places!
I did a little research on the best Mai Tai and headed out to Monkeypod for lunch.
I will say the drink was strong but that sweet honey passionfruit foam was so yummy.  I just enjoyed the views and walked next door to the Hale Koa (military resort) to stock up on some essentials like sunscreen and lotion because they were so much cheaper than the hundred ABC Stores I walked by.  Don't get me wrong I love the ABC Store . . . do you even go to Hawaii if you don't stop by there at least three times a day?  My next mission was to find shaved ice.  I decided to stop at Island Vintage Shaved Ice since it was on my walk back to the hotel.  I had the Hawaiian Rainbow . . . coconut, mango, and strawberry flavoring with fresh fruit chunks and soft ice cream.  It was huge and yummy on this hot day. 
The island of Oahu is nice but if you only visit Waikiki Beach you don't really see the real Hawaii.  I heard someone refer to the Waikiki area as visiting a mall on a beach . . . not a false statement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment