Sunday, September 20, 2026

Island Hopping Day 6: Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

At the last minute I booked an excursion.  It is Sunday and was worried about transportation to do something on my own.  I had a plan and glad I booked an excursion because there was not a lot to do where the tender dropped us off. 
First Stop:  Saint Benedict Catholic Church also known as the Painted Church
It was a very small church . . . then 3 buses of tourist stop by.  It is so simple on the outside and then you walk in where it is so colorful.
The best I could do with the buses of tourist is the ceiling.  
Wow, the paintings were amazing and so hard to capture in a photo but this professional did!
Photo Credit: Susan Rissi Tregoning 
https://www.susantregoning.com/p/big-island-painted-churches
The outside views were nice too.
Next Stop:  Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical
Last Stop:  Ali'i Gardens Marketplace . . . I did find a coffee vendor and gave Kona coffee a try . . . I’m just not a coffee girl.  The bus dropped us back at the port, and I found the Kamakahonu National Historic Landmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment