Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Austin, TX

I had to get some maintenance on my car so we spent a few hours in Austin today. It was terribly hot so we did not waste that much time outside. Our main attraction was the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. I had never been so in order to get Colin excited about the museum, I took him to the IMAX theater first . The movie showing was Tornado Alley. We have watched all the seasons of Storm Chasers on the Discovery Channel so knew the cast of characters. In the series they constantly talk about them filming for the IMAX movie so to see the actual move was neat. We then were able to cruise around the museum which was very nice. I could have spent longer if alone but was able to see enough. I then mentioned we were going to walk a few blocks to the Texas State Capitol which wasn't welcomed with applause of course . . .
. . . after we got there I was done too! By the way, I think we have a beautiful state capitol building! It was hot and we were both hungry. Austin has a lot left for us to explore . . . good thing it is close.

No comments:

Post a Comment