Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Washington, DC

Of course no stop to DC is complete unless you go to Georgetown Cupcakes. I had already mapped out what the flavors of the day were and today was the day of several flavors I needed to try . . .
. . . like Lemon Blossom, Maple, Coconut, Salted Carmel . . . oh my mouth is watering just thinking about them. I also had to pick up Colin his favorite Red Velvet and we even managed getting two free super secret cupcakes since Patti is a super fan.

It was a low key day because the 'big' event was happening that night! Before we headed out we had a light dinner at a place called Cheesetique. It had hundreds of cheeses and was very yummy! Since it was so hot I went with the Chilled Cucumber Soup and also had Burrata (a big creamy ball of mozzarella with olive oil). They were both tasty . . . it would have been nice if we were not in a hurry to get to The Kennedy Center to see . . .
. . . the show was AWESOME! A little no-no photo of the stage before the show started . . .
I think the fact that we had box seats right next to the Presidential Box had a little something to do with it too. The President was not in attendance but that was probably best because I'm sure I would have been distracted looking over to see them, LOL. Anyway . . . the performance was great . . . all were amazing but I really did think that Dee Rosioli who was Elphaba had the best voice; all were so talented though! It was a longer performance than I expected but the time just zipped right by me. I'm so glad Patti spent hours waiting to get the awesome tickets! Of course I just had to have another cupcake when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment