Saturday, July 22, 2017

Day 12: Stockholm, Sweden

. . . and wake up as we arrive in the Stockholm archipelago.  Hello Sweden . . . almost 8 years to the day I was doing this exact thing . . . arriving on a ferry to Stockholm.  It is the best to stand on deck and watch as you enter the Stockholm archipelago.  It was a bit rainy and dark so photos aren't that great but trust me it is beautiful . . .
Last time we did this we were totally scammed by a taxi taking us to our hotel so this time we were going to be smart.  So smart that both of us totally forgot to get Swedish Krona to pay for the cab fare even though we had mentioned it at least ten times.  Thankfully they took credit card and it was a flat fee unlike last time it was metered and went the longest way possible.  We arrived at the Hilton Stockholm Slussen and no rooms were available which was a total bummer because taking a shower on the ferry was not the best and I just wanted to shower and put on fresh clothes.  We did get to go to the executive lounge for a coffee before we set out to explore a city we both really love.  I wanted to have meatballs and had a list of a couple options.
Let me just say these were the best.  Of course the closest thing I had ever had was from IKEA so there really was no comparison.  Oh and those whipped potatoes were to die for . . . it was like two forks fighting to get a bite.  They were like fluffy whipped cream . . . I should have asked how they made them because they were that good.  So Bakficken was a hit . . . I mean I would eat here again like later tonight if possible.  It was warm out so we hit the ground walking and just soaking it all up on this beautiful day even if it is a bit warm . . .
. . . but you know what I really needed?  Iced Tea . . . Starbucks to the rescue.  While it wasn't Texas Sweet Tea it was good and cold and refreshing.  After a bit of walking we decided it was time to try to check in . . . which really meant I was tired and wanted to take a shower and thankfully our room was ready.  The view was nice . . .
. . . but the shower and bed were the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment