Monday, March 5, 2018

Texas Road Trip: Spring Break day 3

The cabin was a delight!  The bed was good and slept better than I imagined.  I wanted an early start, because we were going to do some hiking today!  Colin wasn't so thrilled to have to wake before 9:00am, but he humored me and off we went!  See you again Goodnight Cabin . . .
It was super windy but a beautiful day.  We were going to conquer the Lighthouse Trail today.  This is the first real hike Colin and I have done together so looking forward to seeing how it goes.
It was sunny and cold but we were ready and full of excitement . . .

. . . I promise I got off the ground more than the photo shows . . . I am blaming it on the person behind the camera!  The views were beautiful and we only saw one other person so I asked him to take our photo.  He did . . . exactly ONE photo!  Seriously!?!  When I am asked to take a photo of someone I snap away; why not you can always delete them.
So the views . . .
. . . and the trail ends . . .
. . . but there is crazy narrow, rocky trail to the left that takes you to the formation.  It was a difficult trail but once to the top it was flat . . .
    
We made it . . .
. . . and Colin set out to climb to the base, do you see him?
I on the other hand hung out with the bench!
And then we turned around and headed back to the car.  Colin enjoyed just being a kid and running wild so to speak . . .
It was the one part of the trip that I was most excited about and it did not disappoint.  It was the best day ever!  Colin saw a place you could zip line on the drive in so we called about doing that on our way out of the canyon.  Unfortunately with the gusty winds (up to 50 mph) it was closed for the day which was a bummer!  So on the road we went with our stop for the night being in Amarillo, Texas.  I was so thrilled the hotel had an indoor pool and whirlpool that I went for a bit to just relax.
I wasn't sore but it was nice to sit and relax.  It was a relaxing evening of just hanging out and making plans for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment