Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Utah Road Trip day 6

Today is the last official day of our Utah Road Trip.  We will head back to Texas to spend Thanksgiving with our family and a few days of nothing but being lazy too.  It was fun and quick but was able to see several places on our list.  Before we left Zion National Park, we took the shuttle to the visitor center to watch the movie and turn in the Junior Ranger book.  I am glad we are leaving as the park was already packed.  We quickly loaded the car and hit the road.  It was funny to us that in less than a hour of driving we were in three states . . .
When we are at home we are in the same county in that length of time!  We did not have any plans set in stone for the day except to catch our flight home around midnight.  Las Vegas isn't the best place to visit with a kid, and Colin was not impressed either . . . hopefully he still feels that way in a few years.  I have been to Vegas several times but never really get off the strip.  I have always wanted to visit the Neon Museum so we went.  I thought it was a bit expensive but fun to see the old signs up close.
 
I would recommend going at night so you can see the lights on the signs.  Our next stop was to the Welcome to Las Vegas sign.  The line was insane, and Colin was not having it so we went around the line and stood off to the side . . .
It worked . . . not the greatest photo but proof we were there.  The best part was we were finished in less than 5 minutes!  I had booked us a room (same place as last week) for the night even though we had a very late flight home so we could hang out and relax.  Apparently all my complaining last week got me a not so great room.  I booked a room that was suppose to be city/strip view and it was but not exactly what I saw online . . . this is what we got . . .
And to get this I had to put my camera out the narrow window opening and aim towards the strip.  Oh well it didn't really matter as the room was only $48, and we fly home in less than 8 hours.  Once it was dark we headed across the street for dinner at Shake Shack.
You know what was weird?  I did not spend one cent on the slot machines but we are coming home with three more Junior Ranger badges!

No comments:

Post a Comment