Saturday, March 9, 2019

to Copper Mountain, Colorado

We have arrived for Spring Break 2019!  Colin wanted to go skiing so skiing we a go.  It is not very often that I let him pick our trips and every aspect of this trip is what he wants to do!  I am not a fan of skiing.  I have tried twice and neither experience was great so for me I will hang out and hopefully find some trails to put my snow shoes to good use!

Getting here has been an adventure.  It was delay after delay with a bad decision and then mother nature put her spin on it with an avalanche blocking the highway to get to our destination.  BUT we have arrived and look forward to a few days of fun in the snow!  This will be the first time we have been on a trip and stayed at the same place for 5 days without moving . . . not very often does this happen.

Usually we are with our friends and rent a car but since it was just the two of us we rode the shuttle from Denver which was really nice and stress free plus it was cheaper than renting a car!  We also rented a condo instead of staying at a hotel which will be nice to have space to spread out.  The condo could not be any nicer and the location is perfect too!  I found it on vrbo and is located in The Cirque.  I had been watching for weeks for something near the ski school and this opened up for a really great price.  Let me say nothing is cheap when it comes to skiing!  I swear it is always one of  our most expensive vacations.   It took Colin a hot minute to crank on the fireplace!
The snow is insane too!  A view from the very large balcony . . .
We quickly dropped our bags and headed to center village for food.  The walk was easy and all the snow made it even more fun!
We had a late lunch/early dinner at Ten Mile Tavern . . . the roasted beets and red pepper bisque were just what I needed.
. . . and dessert at Sugar Lips Mini Donuts . . . so yummy and super sweet!
We picked up a few groceries at McCoy's Mountain Market so we would have breakfast and snacks in the condo.  My original plan was to take the shuttle bus to a grocery store in Frisco but with the crazy weather I was afraid there might be another avalanche and we would be stuck away from the condo.  It worked out just fine but just another thing for me to worry about.  We made the quick walk back to west village as it was getting dark and did not want to get lost.  It has been a great start so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment