Monday, November 25, 2019

Turks and Caicos day 1

I was up super early so I quickly left the teenager sleeping and off I went to sign him up for a day of fun!  The resort has a Discover Scuba program that teaches you the basics of scuba and lets you dive the same day.  Since I was up early, I headed to the dive shop and snagged the boy a spot in the 10am class.  I knew he would be thrilled to wake up 'early'!  I spent hours wandering around the resort checking out the different villages and having a solo breakfast.  I tried a buffet place, Reflections and will not be going back there as it reminded me of a cruise ship buffet but worse.  It was at that point I decided that I wanted to try and sample something at each of the restaurants . . . all 21 of them!  I ventured back to the room to wake Colin.  Just as I expected he was thrilled until I told him he had 15 minutes to get up and get dressed.  I told him today was his only chance to do this class so he became a little bit more motivated.  I dropped him off and signed the waiver and off I went to enjoy my day.  I found a chair on the beach and enjoyed doing nothing . . . no book, no magazine, nothing and it was fabulous!
I wandered back over to the Dive Shop to see if I could see Colin a bit before his lunch break.
Since he didn't eat breakfast he was starving so we stopped at Bella Napoli for pizza . . . and since it is an all inclusive resort he manged to drink so many strawberry smoothies while I had a few drinks too.
We decided to head to the room for a bit of a nap before Colin had his afternoon dive.  Just as I expected he had a blast and was thrilled to get to head out to the open waters.   I took a little nap too since I had been up so early and spent so much time watching the blue water!  It was back to scuba class for his first official open water dive and me more of this . . .
Look at that water!  Isn't it just amazing!  You know I almost had a hard time not having anything to do but managed just fine too.  The time alone seemed to go by so fast and I arrived at the dock just as he was returning . . .
He is hooked so guess we will have to plan another vacation so he can do the PADI certification course.  We headed to try a couple new restaurants too; Mr. Mac and Curls 'n Swirls . . . both were food trucks at different parts of the on property water park.  Both were cute and fun especially if you are hanging out at the water park which we did not as it was full of little kids and not exciting for a teenager.  Of course we had to walk by Bobby Dee's and Colin insisted on stopping for some pizza.  It is the one restaurant that was open from 11am-6am!  It's a 50s diner theme and always full of people.  You could order food or they had walk up buffet of typical American food.  I wasn't impressed.  We went back to the room to hang out before a late dinner at Schooners Seafood Grill which had a really good sea bass.  Tomorrow we hang out again . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment