Sunday, April 21, 2019

Kentucky

I tell you this weekend seems to just get worse!  I have not been on a trip that it seems that every day something goes wrong.  We spent last night at Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky. 
I rented a cute cabin that was in the park so it seemed perfect . . . it was cute, clean, and had a view . . .
. . . until it rained non stop and the temperature dropped to near freezing! 
The cabin had no insulation and we could see the outside from cracks in the walls.  Apparently there was a bit of snow, but we were so cold we missed it.  I have never been so cold and miserable.  The only saving grace was the shower had really hot water and water pressure.  Even though we were both miserable some how we both managed to laugh about the situation.  Colin constantly reminded me of what a terrible trip this turned out to be; he was joking but in the end we agreed the elements were not in our favor.  We continued with our cave tour so at least we were indoors and warmer!  We took the Historic Tour which was a very large group of 100 people.  It was too large in my opinion!  Thankfully, I had booked our tour last week as all tours for the day were sold out.  So if you go make sure to book in advance.  Into the cave we go . . .
It was a dark cave so not many photos . . .
Our favorite part of the tour was Fat Man's Misery . . . I don't know how some of the people managed to fit as it was tight for me!
Of course there was a Junior Ranger badge to earn too!
. . . and back on the road to catch our flight in Nashville!  It was a fast weekend with miserable weather, but we made the best of the situation and had fun . . . two new states visited for Colin too!

No comments:

Post a Comment