Thursday, May 2, 2019

to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

So I was invited as a plus 1 by my friend Marilyn for an all expense paid trip that was a reward for all her hard work at her job.  It took me about two seconds to say YES!  Little did we know that my journey to get there would become an adventure on its own.  My flight was out of our local regional airport at the crack of dawn so my parents came the night before to spend the night and get Colin to school.  At 11:00pm I received a text saying my flight the next morning was cancelled . . . so on the phone I sat for almost two hours where the agent told me there were no flights available out of our local airport and if I wanted to get to my final destination then my only option was to drive to DFW.  As I waited I checked the weather and it was not in my favor so decided to just cancel my local flight and drive to DFW.  The problem was the weather was not getting any better, and I was not sleeping.  After the loudest thunder and brightest lighting around 2:30am, I decided to get up and start driving.  My flight wasn't until 10:00am but wanted to beat the morning traffic and who knew what the weather and construction would be between home and DFW.  I drove slow . . . the roads were not good and there were two big accidents within 10 miles of my house.  The lightning was amazing and thankfully the rain had let up but it was still a super slow, long drive when you top off around 50mph.  I made it to DFW and it was so early that I decided to just recline my seat and sleep a couple of hours in my car . . . until the parking garage security guard tapped on my window.  I think my heart stopped.  Apparently that is frowned upon so after he was out of my sight, I grabbed my bag and went inside.  I had just sat down with a bagel when I got a text alert telling me my flight from DFW to Cabo was cancelled too.  The weather did not seem that bad.  I quickly logged on to the AA app and found only one flight with one seat at 12:35pm so I quickly confirmed my new flight.  It was my last hope since it was the last direct flight of the day.  As you can imagine there was a stand by list a mile long so I was thankful to get that seat.  Now I sit and play the waiting game . . . I had checked other airlines and if this flight did not go then I was not going to go on another airline either.  All flights from Dallas to Cabo and every other airport in Texas were sold out unless I wanted to fly in two days which wasn't an option.  So I sat and waited and kept looking and just hoped it all worked out. 

The flight took off and I made it!

Let me tell you it was stressful but when your walk out of customs and your friend is waiting and then the transfer van pulls up to The Cape and the welcome lady takes you right up to your room and you see this . . .
. . . well you totally forget the stress of the last 12 hours!  The more I looked around the more amazed I was with this room . . . the views were to die for and the balcony was huge!  I was a bit overwhelmed by the huge room and then I saw the bathroom . . .
Oh my the tub is copper and amazing.  Let me say this hotel, The Cape, is probably one of then nicest I have every stayed at and look forward to relaxing the next two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment