Sunday, June 9, 2019

Day 5: Michigan Road Trip

Today we leave the island.  I have finally made my decisions on what fudge I wanted to buy.  Let me tell you it was hard because I tasted a lot!  So here were my observations of fudges on Mackinac Island!

Murdick's Fudge Shop
-absolute favorites: German Chocolate Fudge and Michigan Maple Walnut
-my personal favorite place

Joann's Fudge
-Butter Pecan and Double Dark Chocolate were a close second
-Colin said they had the best Caramel Apple he has ever had! He ate many.

Sander's Chocolate Shoppe
-least favorite

May's Candy Shop
-good but limited flavors; divinity was excellent, Penuche Fudge was good but super sweet
-super friendly too

Ryba's Fudge Shop
-was okay, always crowded, didn't offer samples as freely

You really just have to taste them to see what you like.  So we checked out of our room and Colin wanted to eat at Pink Pony before we left the island; so we did.  We had seen all we wanted to see, sample, and buy so it was time to head to the ferry dock.  The ferry is super easy . . . just show up with your tickets and wait until the next one arrives.  So I bought tickets online, the tickets are round trip!  I thought they were one way and almost bought another set but thankfully asked the hotel reception!  No reservations required and in the summer they show up about every 30 minutes.  There is always someone around to answer questions and load your bags too.  It was the one process I was concerned about and it was easy peasy!  As we were waiting for the ferry, it became cold and windy which was no fun.  We were soon on the ferry and back to the car ready for a day of driving!  Not much on our to do list except get the our hotel for the night.  The drive was slow due to the rain and back roads but we enjoyed it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment