Sunday, November 24, 2019

to Turks and Caicos

So I might have had a small panic attack as we went to return the rental car . . . I could not find how to get in the rental car return garage.  We entered airport property via a side road so signs were non existent too.  I started to panic because I knew there was only one flight from FLL to PLS today so if we missed our flight it would be a huge issue.  I finally decided to exit the airport and start over.  This time we would enter on the main road and out of nowhere there were the magic purple signs for rental car return.  I was about to start crying happy tears . . . Colin was smart and just sat in the passenger seat silently!  I dropped the tank off and of course no receipt since everything is email so off we went.  As we waited for our flight, I received an invoice for the rental car . . . it was about $20 more than expected so I started looking at the charges.
Fuel Service $15.99?  I drove the car 31 miles and filled it up with less than 2 gallons of gas and had the receipt to prove it.  I decided to call and ask about the fee because I knew waiting until we got back home would drive me crazy.  I was put on hold while they investigated.  I was told according to my contract since I drove less than 75 miles it is a courtesy to low mileage customers to not have to fill the rental with fuel when it is returned.  Well isn't that so kind of Budget Rental Car!  What?  Insane if you ask me!  I had no clue, but said I would be happy to email the receipt showing the fuel purchase less than a mile from the terminal.  More holding . . . so he agreed to refund me.  I had no idea if I was getting $3 back or the fee but either way chalked it up as a learning experience.  Renting a car is always the one thing I cringe the most about when I travel.  I think it is often a scam and ridiculous fees especially at airports but some times we need a car!  Also, do not leave without getting some sort of receipt immediately!  I knew this but since it was less than a one day rental figured I would be good . . . WRONG again!  Oh well it was all good and wasn't going to let $15.99 plus taxes ruin my trip.

This is our first time flying with our Southwest Companion Pass on an international flight!  Of course the flight is only about 2 hours so will be super easy.  I mean I pay and Colin pays $5.60!
Hello Turks and Caicos . . . your blue water is so pretty and can't wait to jump in!
As part of our package, hotel transfers were included and super easy!  We are here . . .
Check in was a bit confusing as two families named Sims arrived at the same time.  I was questioned a few times that it was just me and the child to which I continued to say yes . . . apparently single parents don't come here?  We were given an overview of the property and explained all about the all inclusive benefits.  Colin was like this is my kind of vacation place . . . we shall see how long his excitement last!  We were shown to our room which seemed to take forever.  Now in all fairness I booked the cheapest (which isn't really that cheap) room possible and well I guess that is why I feel that we are in no mans land and on the third floor.  We are in Caribbean Village West Room 375 . . .
. . . could we be any farther from the center of the resort?  I'm not complaining as our room was for sleeping and showering.  I mean there were some minor issues like the room was bit dated and could use a refresh.  The bath had a bit of mold in the shower but nothing I was going to complain about mainly because I had unpacked and didn't want to move.
The view was okay too . . . I could see the water so that is a bonus . . .
. . . honestly I was going to be lounging by the pool or on the sandy beach so the view wasn't a big deal!  We managed to get a reservation at the only place that requires a reservation, Kimonos Teppanyaki which was Colin's choice since it was a cook in front of you place.  We also stopped by Bobby Dee's for an after dinner snack and ice cream!   I can't wait to explore tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment