Thursday, July 8, 2021

Adios Mexico day 6

The last day is always the worst for vacation . . . you don't want it to end but you also just want to be home!  Our flight was not scheduled to leave until early evening so we had the entire morning by the pool!  It is crowded, and I am glad we are leaving!  
We decided to order a light lunch from room service.  There was one feature in the room that they called the magic box . . .
 
If you needed something, they would put it in the box and turn on a light so you would know to look inside the magic box.  Every restaurant we ate at had small portions so we expected small portions for room service too.  This is what I ordered . . .
. . . it was a lot of food and I felt terrible not eating it all.  We packed up . . . had one last look at our view . . . 
. . . notice the sargassum seaweed was rolling in today . . . and off the the airport!  Now this is where I had a little slip up.  I travel enough to know better but let's be honest, I haven't traveled much in the last 18 months.  For our trip, I prearranged our shuttle transportation but did not want to be tied down on our return shuttle to the airport so figured we would just grab a taxi at the airport.  Never.Ever.Again!  When we got in the driver told us $35 from hotel to airport which was what the bell boy said it would be because it was a fixed price.  However when we arrived at the airport he told us $40.  I was annoyed but what could I do at that point?  So instead of him getting even more I decided to take away the extra tip and gave him exactly $40.  It was not a lot but he was going to get $45 but since he jerked me around I decided he did not need that extra tip.  Jerk!  Also, when we got out of the taxi a man holding a Southwest sign motioned me towards the door . . . my radar sort of went off . . . he ushered me to the computer check ins which I knew we could not use since we had to show proof of the negative covid test.  I brushed him off and headed to the check-in lines . . . he followed us and I started to feel a bit uncomfortable.  We did not make eye contact and he eventually left.  I had forgotten how there can be these types of people just skulking around trying to take advantage!  So we get checked in and to the gate to only find out our flight is delayed!  I have had every flight this summer either canceled or delayed so travel is a bit frustrating still.  We finally board and arrive home.  It was a relaxing few days but not sure I am ready to travel again any time soon with all the delays and hoops one must endure!

No comments:

Post a Comment