Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Mexico day 4

It was an early wake up.  My poor aunt was not feeling well so I ventured downstairs to find some pepto bismol.  I noticed peoople were already reserving the free cabanas by the pool so grabbed my bag and went to be one of those people.  Even though they said you could not reserve until 8am, most were already occupied with something by 7am.  I decided to stay at the cabana and hang out so my aunt could rest . . . no one else was around!   
 
Those who know me know that I am not a reader . . . I am not one to just pick up a book and read but for some reason I brought one on this trip.  I knew there would be a lot of just laying around doing nothing so thought maybe, just maybe I would read.  
I went back to check on my aunt after a few hours and she was feeling better so that is great!  I also did something that I have never done today too, my first covid test!  It has been lingering in the back of my mind since we arrived.  The U.S. required a negative covid test to enter the U.S.  Nonsense in my opinion!  With that behind me, it was time for us to head back to the pool and do a lot of nothing!  Thankfully my aunt was feeling a lot better so must have been something she ate and not food poisioning.  And then to the beach . . .
So pretty and blue . . . even though we spent most of our day at the pool.  We managed to relax in the room for a few hours and then headed to our special dinner at Chef's Plate.  


Chef's Plate is a small group dining experience with a chef cooking multiple course in a kitchen as you watched the food being prepared and plated.  
There were only nine people at the table and it was so fun!  My aunt and I are not the most adventurous eaters but we tried it all and honestly I liked it all.
The experience was usually reserved for those in the higher level rooms but since I was considered a Hyatt Globalist it was free to attend.  
After it was over we walked around the lobby and the sunset was amazing!
After a day of laying around and eating we returned to our room only to find more food!
We were beginning to think the hotel thought we were on the "romance package"!

No comments:

Post a Comment