Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Day 4 Utah Road Trip

Do you know what happens when you go to bed by 8pm? You wake up at 3am! I had a reserved slot to enter Arches National Park at 11am but did not want to wait for 8 hours so decided to get up and be there for sunrise. Reservations are not needed if you arrive before 7am so off I went. There were only a few cars out and about this early. I have been here before but could not imagine not at least stopping by for a short hike. As I drove, the sun started coming out and it was gloriously beautiful!
I did a quick stop and walk at Balanced Rock
Then on to Sand Dune Arch. I had it all to myself which was nice. I am realizing that not only does the early bird get the worm but the solitude and beauty of nature. 
It has to be the shortest and easiest hike in the park even though towards the end it was a bit tough hiking in the sand!
It was so dark when I entered that I missed the sign but caught it on the way out.
The roads were packed with people trying to beat the 7am entry before required reservations! I was so glad I came early and canceled my 11am time slot! I decided to head back into Moab for breakfast at Jailhouse Café. While the eggs benedict may be famous, I can confirm that they are not the best in my opinion. It was still too early to call it a day so off to Canyonlands National Park to do another short hike. Here is one of the open range roads with cows.
The drive to Canyonlands National Park was easy and not much traffic. I had read people who don't plan ahead to go to Arches National Park end up here so be prepared for crowds.
A quick hike to Mesa Arch. I wanted a photo with no people which was not possible when I arrived so I sat down on a big rock and ate some pistachios. I enjoyed people watching and some people forget they are not the only ones that exist. I swear one family took photos, wandered off, back they came for more photos, and then proceeded to stand in the way of other people’s photos.
I made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up some food and fill up the car before tomorrows early morning getaway. I enjoyed the afternoon lounging by the pool!
Driving Map Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment