Sunday, August 14, 2011

San Jose, CA

Only one last place to visit on our trip . . . The Winchester Mystery House; yes that Winchester. I knew very little about this place but found it fascinating the more I read. The only way to see inside is by taking a guided tour which is expensive if you ask me. We went and it was very interesting . . . the house has about 160 room and we toured (walked through them) about 100. Crazy! Sarah Winchester had this house built non stop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for 38 years! It had some crazy elements too . . . like a staircase to nowhere . . . a door on the second story with no landing; open door, take step, long way down.


In the end the tour was worth the money even if the tour guide's voice drove me crazy! I only wish Colin was up to do the basement and garden tour too.

1 comment:

  1. I've only seen this on a TV special ~ looks like a really interesting place to tour.

    ReplyDelete