Sunday, January 1, 2012

Galveston, Texas

Pre-Anchors away . . . the big boat sails tomorrow . . . we went down the day before the cruise to explore a little around Galveston. My parents take Colin every summer to Galveston but I enjoy that time alone at home! I hadn't been to Galveston since I was about 10; so over 25 years . . . it has changed but it still looks familiar too. I was amazed at how much has been rebuilt since the hurricane a few years back . . . so much better than NO. We drove around the island and watched all the ships as they entered the port; it sure was windy . . .
We visited the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum . . .
. . . and we walked along the beach. We found a jelly fish that I think was dead and saw a lot of these rock creations . . .
I don't really know the story behind them or how it started but Colin had to join in and build one too. We also played a couple rounds of miniature golf before returning back to the hotel to rearrange our suitcases before we set sail tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment