Tuesday, January 3, 2012

at Sea Day

Our first full day on the boat was spent at sea . . . it was a rocky wake up but not too bad when you roll over and see the ocean . . .
There were times where I was staggering down the hallway a little bit or would laugh at others in front on me. I enrolled Colin in the Adventure Ocean Youth Club for a few hours to play with other kids while I explored the ship and relaxed . . . I thought it was top notch with wonderful staff and very organized! After I picked him up we started getting busy with all the on board activities; rock wall climbing, miniature, golf, ping-pong and of course eating.

It was time for the Under the Big Top Ice Show so we made our way to the ice skating rink . . . yes, a real ice skating rink in the middle of the boat; how cool is that? As we were waiting for the show to start, we were approached by a production guy asking Colin if he wanted to be in the show. He said yes and off he went . . . he looked not so thrilled and as if it was SO painful to sit in the train and wave. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and doing more of the above activities. We got ready for dinner which was a 'formal' night; we were also assigned the late seating so dinner did not start until 8:30pm. Colin wasn't so thrilled about wearing a tie but after he was told over and over how nice he looked; he seemed to not mind so much after all the fuss. I must admit he did look pretty darn cute! I think Colin must have eaten about a dozen rolls . . .
. . . his stomach was as hard as a rock; notice the roll and Dr. Pepper too! I admit the bread was SO yummy and I too did not turn it down. It was late and time to get to bed because tomorrow is our first port of call! Colin is excited about tomorrow's planned excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment