Saturday, February 18, 2012

Breckenridge day 2

Today was the BIG day for the kids . . . SKI SCHOOL! Well we did cross country skiing yesterday but they wanted 'real' skiing today . . . so off we went to Peak 8 with three happy kiddos in tow! I don't know who was more excited the kids or adults? All three were enrolled and what a very organized set up they had! The adults quickly took off to the Breckenridge Nordic Center for round two of XC skiing! I had problems from the get go and fell hard backwards while I stood there . . . doing absolutely nothing; man did it hurt and my head was spinning but off we went. I never got it together even though it was a beautiful day! I took a rest in the lodge while my buddy went out on her own. It turned out to be for the best as one of the girls got sick and I went to retrieve her from ski school. We headed into town for lunch at Giampietro Pizzeria . . . awesome food and we were able to have some adult chat time! We decided to head back to Peak 8 on the gondola to see if we could get a catch of the two still at ski school and this is how we found them . . .
We both had a very proud moment seeing our kids and I shed a few tears too! They both seemed to be having a blast so we went to have a hot chocolate with a little splash of . . .
. . . okay so a big splash. I could not stand it so I headed back to stalk the kids for a few photos; all smiles!

What a delightful young lady! She was so nice and Colin really liked her . . . too bad we couldn't squeeze in another day with her!
Someone is tired!
And how do we celebrate an awesome day on the slopes? At Mimi's Fried Pies with freshly made ice cream and of course hot fried pies too!
. . . and back to the condo for relaxing in the hot tub!

No comments:

Post a Comment