Thursday, July 5, 2012

Alaska day 6

It started as a lazy day of nothing.  We were in the parking lot when I glanced at my rental car and noticed something laying on the ground.  As I got closer I realized some one had backed into the car and left a nice dent in the bumper.  I looked at the front windshield thinking an honest person would have at least left me a note but of course not!  I was furious and had no idea what to do.  I asked the front desk if they had security camera and of course they did not.  The receptionist commented that the exact same thing had happened last week too; well isn't that nice!  I went upstairs and called the rental company and my insurance to report a claim . . . my blood is boiling as I knew I am going to be out a large deductible for something that I had nothing to do with.  You know I don't mind paying if it is my fault but some jerk has left me with damage beyond my control!
As you can see all the broken plastic from the other car . . . thank goodness nothing was scratched or broken on my car; just a big dent.  We went ahead with our plans of just driving around town exploring the area.  We ended up in North Pole at Santa Land to pay Santa a visit.
Well Santa was on break so we had to visit his reindeer instead . . . 
There was nothing there that was of interest to me; total tourist trap so back to Fairbanks we drove.  As we were driving back I started thinking about the dent and wondering if it could be popped back . . . you know so many cars have plastic bumpers now.  Maybe just maybe it would work?  I mean what could it hurt?  Well of course it worked and I was glad I had not wasted a whole day on this mess . . .
. . . just like new!  Now let's just hope the rental company doesn't notice!  All that stress for nothing . . . oh well just trying to be honest and do the right thing.

4 comments:

  1. Lol...you are so funny! What happened to the rear license plate? I don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a brand new car!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!! I thought, to add insult to injury, the person had also swiped the rear license plate! Lol... What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely work of some mischievous guys...

    ReplyDelete