Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cozumel, Mexico

It was a quick ride to the next port.  On the last cruise I really loved Cozumel so I had high hopes for today too!  I had booked us a beach buggy excursion with snorkeling at Punta Sur.
We had a choice between this old looking buggie or a newer one; we loved the feel of the old rustic one!  He just knew he was going to get to drive!  The cars were a little rustic and well not very safe either but we survived!  At one point I looked at the seat belt for the front passenger seat and it was just knotted behind the seat; I'm thinking if it was a serious crash it would not hold but then again I'm sure that if it was a serious accident we would have been seriously hurt.  Oh well, we did enjoy the beach buggy and letting the wind blow through our hair.  Next stop was at a small ruins site
 
And then a short walk down the road to see some crocodiles at the Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Cozumel . . . which was basically a bird and crocodile habitat. 

 
The final stop was for snorkeling and lunch!  We drove the beach buggies to Punta Sur and headed to the water . . .

The water was beautiful, but I wasn't feeling so well so decided to just sit on the beach.  Colin was given specific instructions to stay with Papa (my dad) and he did.  However when he arrived back on shore it was anything but a pleasant meeting . . . he was furious and yelling, "this life jacket was hurting and nothing but a stupid choke jacket."  He yelled to stop taking photos.  I did not know if I should laugh or snap away so I decided to put the camera away.  He calmed down and we enjoyed some tasty local dishes.  We loaded back up to stop at the lighthouse . . .
. . . I was not feeling the view from the top or the thought of climbing over 130 steps up and down so let Colin go on his own.  He was at the top in record time.  I wish I had that much energy!  We walked around and watched the waves crashing on the rocks.  Colin wanted to take a photo of us but he wanted a wave crashing behind us . . .
. . . not too bad and as good as it gets!  We headed back to the port area and spent a short amount of time shopping.  We had about 30 minutes until we had to be back on board and three shops to stop at but didn't want to miss the boat.  I saw the line was super long so we were able to get what we wanted and then head back with plenty of time and still a long line! 

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Love the picture of Colin in the beach buggy. Boy, what adventures he'll have to share for "Show-And-Tell" at school this year. He'll be the envy of his classmates, that's for sure. ; )

    ReplyDelete