Saturday, June 3, 2017

Bahamas day 1

So I started the trip off not so thrilled  . . . we had an overnight connection in Charlotte, NC so when we checked in to our hotel we tried to put our name on the shuttle list for the next morning, but we were told they were full.  The main reason I stay at a hotel near airports is for the shuttle due to an early flight.  So I went to bed not happy.  We woke up and I requested a cab and off to the airport we went.  It annoyed me to have to pay for a cab but what can you do at this point.  There was an issue checking in so had to see agent. Apparently you must have a round trip ticket to enter the Bahamas and we booked two one way tickets because it was several hundred dollars cheaper.  All was good, and we found a Chick fil A for breakfast.   Our arrival was easy since we just had a carry on bag and a quick taxi ride at we arrived on Paradise Island also home of Atlantis.  Colin has been asking to go here for years and I would always say when you are 13.  Well he is 13 so decided to make it our first trip of the summer.  Of course I also had a reason to go too but that is later in the trip.  Our room was not ready so we took time to explore and learn the lay of the land of this huge resort!  We visited The Dig aquarium . . .
. . . and booked some activities and found pizza!  Let me just say if you ever come here be prepared for everything to be ridiculously expensive. This is when I noticed something wasn't right. I had two room keys but one was not my name and that card was used to pay for lunch and make activity reservations. So being an honest person, I had to back track and get the reservations/charges corrected.  I was annoyed I was wasting my vacation time.  Our room was ready so off we went to check it out . . . and was it amazing!
I mean it is a basic room but the view was worth the wait!
Apparently I fell asleep, but Colin woke me up and off to the beach we went!  It was a nice way to start the trip . . . the water was sooooo blue . . .
The weather was perfect; cloudy, warm with a light breeze.  Colin enjoyed playing in the water and sand . . .
. . . while I just sat on the lounger thinking about life and wondering what the future holds for me.  View of our room from the beach . . .
The kiddo was starving so off to get him some dinner while I picked me up a little sweet treat to enjoy on the balcony!
Thankfully the day got better from our start.  A great first day but looking forward to the water park tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment