Monday, July 10, 2017

Day 0: Solo Adventure

You might find it surprising, but I hardly ever travel alone . . . if fact I can't remember the last time I went on a trip by myself.  I usually have someone with me even if you never see them in the photos I post.  I can't imagine what it would be like to experience traveling on my own.  This trip is forcing me to step out of my comfort zone.

But as the quote says sometimes you just have to take a break and figure things out even if you are alone.  I think part of traveling and exploring places is enjoying having someone to experience the adventure with too.  Ironically, 8 years ago I boarded a plane to Europe to meet with a friend for a two week adventure.  It would be life changing and one of my most memorable trips.

Today, I am boarding a plane to Europe, alone . . . starting in Madrid, Spain and heading to some new countries and revisiting some favorites too.
You know the best part of the trip?
Yes, this flight only cost me $46.76 . . . of course I did use miles . . . I have been hoarding miles for years and finally decided it was time to treat myself!  I am flying coach to Madrid and home from Amsterdam in business.  I am so excited about the flight home with the lay flat seat, but first up is my cheap seat from DFW to Madrid . . .
It wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, but oh the food was awful . . . the worst I have ever had!  It was all prepacked and cold and not good at all with the exception of the bottled water and well maybe that red wine too.
I ate a few bites and my stomach started hurting so stopped.  I will spend half of the trip by myself which honestly has me a little bit nervous but excited too.  The rest of the trip I will meet the same friend from 8 years ago . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment