Saturday, November 25, 2017

Fall Break Day 9: back home

The day we left for this trip I received an updated travel schedule for our return flight . . . we had been upgraded to business class.  WOW we were so excited and looking forward to the return since we knew we would be on a 777 and have individual pods so to speak.  How did we get an international upgrade for two people for absolutely free?  I read a lot of message boards and one is full of Texas A&M Aggies.  A few months ago someone posted they had 4 free system wide upgrades they would not be using so I emailed Mark.  He said someone else was flying before us but if they did not clear he would call and see if we could get the upgrade.  Isn't that nice!  Well exactly 10 days before our flight home, we cleared and were confirmed.  I might have squealed a little bit, but I pre-ordered our meal and we enjoyed our trip this week.  We spent the night before our flight at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport which was really nice and had a huge suite!
Colin was starving so headed downstairs for a late night snack . . .
. . . this boy can eat!  Okay so maybe I ate the fries with mayo . . . trust me it is good.  We had a good sleep but waking up early is never Colin's strong part of traveling, but he did it.  We checked our bags and headed to the Japanese Sakura Lounge which was a partner for American Airlines flights.  It was a bit different since it was an Asian airlines but nice too.  I poked around and found myself in the restroom.  The toilet was something else . . .
. . . when you have a sign posted on the wall on how to use the functions you sort of get nervous that you will screw it up and it won't flush.  I was amused and concerned but oh my when I sat down and the seat was oh so warm that I caught myself laughing.  I wish there had been more than 2 stalls because I would have stayed and played around with it a little bit.  We hung out until it was time to head to the gate for the oh so comfortable flight home.  We found our seats 3D and 3H and realized we were sitting backwards which was weird but who cares!  I wanted to take a million photos but didn't want to seem like a total tourist.  I glanced around and of the 20 seats in our section 6 were occupied by kids . . . wow aren't they spoiled.  I could never afford to pay for these seats which can go for a few thousand dollars one way!  Many of the people seemed to be employees of the airline by listening to them chat with the working crew so apparently they don't pay real money for them either.  We were happy for the seats and very grateful that Mark offered up the upgrade for free.  I did offer to bring Mark anything back but he declined . . . what a nice Aggie!  So here is where we would spend the next 10 hours and 30 minutes . . .
. . . I know don't feel sorry for us!
I was in seat 3D and the kid in seat 3H was annoying so up went the divider between us.  It was wheels up and time for the flight to begin.
We had food non stop . . .
That sundae with hot fudge and hot caramel was the best . . . I managed to watch 4 movies (The Lovers, Girls Trip, Paris Can Wait, and The Big Sick) with a couple of short naps.  Oh and there were endless snacks too . . .
It really was an amazing experience and when we landed in Dallas I felt so refreshed and rested.  I am not sure I will ever be able to fly in the regular seats after this experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment