Friday, March 2, 2018

Texas Road Trip: Spring Break day 0.5

FINALLY!  We have not been on a trip since November.  I was so excited to get out of the house.  It is Spring Break in Texas which means it is still cold, but hey we are out of school for the week and  ready to explore, relax, spend time together (says Heidi) and be lazy (says Colin)!  I wanted to do something low key so decided to stay in Texas . . . of course we all know Texas is BIG and it takes forever to just get around the state so I narrowed it down to the panhandle region which is the northern part of Texas.  We live about where the blue star is on the map below.
Of course I had a million places to visit but finally had to go back and edit the list because it was way too many miles to cover in our week with one driver.  So off we go on our adventure.  I picked Colin up from school and drove a few hours to Abilene, Texas to position for a short day of driving tomorrow, but what I didn't think about was driving with the sun in my eyes . . .
. . . yikes it was super bright and super hard to see at times . . . of course maybe if I would clean my windshield it would be easier to see too?  Thankfully we pulled into Abilene just as it was getting dark!  We will both sleep so good tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment