Friday, August 10, 2018

El Paso, Texas

Sometimes travel is about WHO you see not WHAT you see!

I am sure some great person should be credited with this quote but couldn't find them.  This weekend it was the theme of our quick trip to El Paso, Texas.  So why are we in El Paso this weekend?  It is a big weekend for Mr. and Mrs. Sims as we have all converged to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary!  It isn't everyday that all their children (and spouses) and grandchild are in the same town for an extended time.  So we celebrate and enjoy time with family and friends . . .
Of course for me it is super bittersweet as my one connection to the Sims family is missing but happy to be here and be a part of their family.  Colin is loving his time with all his cousins too!  I also ponder the fact that I will never be married to someone for 50 years . . . it doesn't happen very often but at this point in my life it won't ever be something I can celebrate.  I am happy to celebrate their milestone and enjoy the life that I was given to live.  The party was a blast . . . until a huge storm hit!
That is super sized pinata . . . we did not fill it completely with candy as it might have weighed more than the kids!  It was also very tough and took forever to break . . .
 This has to be the biggest Tres Leches Cake I have ever seen . . . it was so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment