Monday, March 11, 2019

Copper Mountain day 2

Colin was up and ready to go!  He hasn't skied in over 2 years so he is super excited.
Since I don't ski, Colin's only option is to go to ski school.  He doesn't mind and has always had excellent instructors.  What I found funny was this is his class . . .
4 teen boys and 2 young girls!  I told him the girls might out ski the teen boys.  He told me eventually the two girls were moved to a different group and it was just the teen boys.  After I dropped him off, I went back to the condo to clean and wash clothes . . . I know it's vacation right?  My snow shoe tour was cancelled today due to the trails being buried under the snow from the avalanche so put my name on the list for tomorrow.  I made my daily trek to town for lunch  . . .
I just love the snow . . . it is a beautiful sunny day.  I had lunch at Mahi's Street Taco . . .   
I had the blackened mahi-mahi and forager which was my favorite.  For a ski town, it was a quick, cheap place to eat!

One thing about the ski school here that I really like is that each kid is equipped with a tracking device.  At previous ski schools (Breckenridge and Keystone) they did not do this but tracked on an app that half the time did not work and Colin didn't have a cell phone until recently.  At the end of the day you can look at your results too . . .
Time: 6 hours 25 minutes
Vertical Feet:  12,864
Miles:  17.38
Speed:  4.3 mph

Guess who is super tired tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment