Thursday, March 14, 2019

Copper Mountain day 5

Colin decided to not ski today . . . I was fine paying for another day, but he is exhausted and the weather is not so great.  Three days of skiing takes a lot of energy, but he has had a blast!  Me, not so much, but I have managed to try many of the restaurants around the village and just enjoyed hanging out in the condo each day.  I was surprised that I did not get cabin fever after so many days in the same place and no planned activities for me.  My daily walks to center village have been great too.  You know what else has been nice?  Binge watching television after two months of cable cutting.  I have not missed it, but it was fun to catch up on some of my mindless shows.  Just like our trip started we took a walk to center village for a late lunch/early dinner at Ten Mile Tavern an one last sugar fix from Sugar Lips Donuts . . .
I sure am going to miss all this snow . . .
The bomb cyclone has moved eastward so the roads are back open which is great.  We have a late afternoon shuttle from Copper Mountain back to Denver airport for our flight home.  The main highways were fine but as soon as we were on the side roads they were still awful.  There were cars left in the middle of the streets because they were stuck.  I am beyond words thrilled I did not have a rental car to drive back!  As we were a couple miles from the airport, our shuttle van was rear ended . . . thankfully no one was hurt and they sent another van to make sure no one missed their flights.

It has been a great Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment