Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Copper Mountain day 4

So wake up is getting a bit harder or it might be the fact that he is annoyed with me taking a photo each morning?
Last night the area was hit hard with snow!  The snow was already amazing but now it is just over the top crazy!  The town of Denver is basically shut down due to the bomb cyclone.  The highway from Copper Mountain to Denver Airport is closed so I am glad we have a couple more days.  Hopefully the roads clear before our flight home.  I mean the snow is insane!  There is absolutely no way there will be snow shoe tours today so I decided to go have breakfast in center village . . . my walk was a bit different today . . .
. . . still beautiful but not a clear blue sky sunny day and the mountains are hard to see.  Breakfast was at Toast & Co. which looked cute and the menu was good too.  I picked a table by the window and enjoyed the snow.  There aren't many people out and about today.  My avocado toast and fresh fruit were amazing too!
 I picked up a few snacks for tonight and the snow is coming down . . .
I can't imagine skiing in this weather.  Today might be his last day to ski . . . he said the conditions were not that bad but it wasn't as fun as yesterday.  Thankfully he had the same instructor so they went a did some moguls and jumps which had him SO excited!
Time: 6 hours 28 minutes
Vertical Feet:  11,860
Miles:  14.76
Speed:  4.1 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment