Saturday, July 13, 2019

Day 3: DL and CA mix up

Today is our last day in California so we are hitting both parks to ride what we missed.  First up was the early morning Magic Hours at Disneyland and by early I mean we were at the ticket scanner before 7am!  I do like to crack the whip and go early at least one day.  I had promised those in our group that we could ride all the rides in Fantasyland in less than an hour without all the crying little rugrats or strollers!  They didn't believe me but we did.  One key was to be there before the park opened and make a mad dash to Fantasyland!  No, we did not run but I will admit I have before.
Someone was not so impressed!
As you can see the rides were empty and we loved it!  We even had some time to venture over to the new Star Wars area . . . I mean how cool is this photo?  Look at the Storm Troopers behind us!
The themeing was really cool!  This section hasn't been open very long so not all the rides are open.  We enjoyed just walking around looking.  Will have to go back in a year or so when the hype dies down.  It was not super crowded but the line to ride the only ride open was over 2 hours!
We left and headed back to the hotel for our tea reservation.  I was looking forward to the tea party and some tasty treats!
Never mind the less than thrilled boy in the background . . . look at the tray of treats . . .
The current theme was Alice in Wonderland and the treats were all so cute . . .
. . . but we left hungry!  I must admit they did not taste as good as they looked, but I enjoyed the experience.  Next time I will leave Colin in the room and enjoy without him as he did cause me some stress . . . how you ask?  Well look at his plate . . .
He acted as if he had never been to a restaurant and played with his food.  I was not happy with him!  I know it was not food he liked but doing this is not acceptable.  I will say the variety of teas were all good!  We took a little break in the room for a nap before we hit the parks again.  We headed over to California Adventure to ride some of our favorite rides again and can you believe this is our only character photo . . .
Yes, today we all wore matching green shirts . . . notice Colin's shirt is plain but same color.  We then park hopped over to Disneyland!  I know we can't get enough.  Just a few rides we had missed so we checked the blocks and a couple repeats too.  The lines were short so we could just hop right back in line and ride over and over.  We ended our list of rides with Splash Mountain.  I love all the critters in Splash Mountain, but I don't like getting soaking wet so we saved it for the end . . .
. . . and we all got soaked . . . like our shoes were dripping wet and squishy.  We were all so hungry so made a quick stop at my favorite quick service meal joint, Bengal Barbecue . . .
. . . because we were starving!  We called it a day and headed back to the hotel to enjoy fireworks and desserts from the lounge!  It was much easier to see the fireworks from the top floor than on ground level plus all the yummy desserts were sweet too.

No comments:

Post a Comment