Sunday, June 20, 2021

Day 1: to Orlando, Florida

The airport was more crowded than I expected and our flight was sold out . . . packed!  If I heard it once I heard it a hundred times to keep your mask on . . . make sure your nose and mouth are covered . . . blah, blah, blah.   But we were on a plane!  It seems to be getting back to normal as we had a beverage and snack service.  

Thankfully it was only about a 2 hour 30 minute flight and everyone complied.  I am one of those people that loves to stay at on property at Disney Resorts.  I also don't like to stay at the same place so this trip we are staying at the budget friendly POP Century Resort.  Have you ever looked at the price of some of those Disney Resort Hotels?   I will admit that I was a bit hesitant to stay at one of the cheapest resorts but it was really good.  I mean when you go to Disney it isn't like you spend a lot of time in the room so the cheaper the better.  Plus the resort is divided into centuries and we were in the 1970s which is the decade I was born!  The main reason I picked the resort was for the Disney Skyliner.  It seemed like a good option to get from park to park without having to ride a bus!  Since we travel light, we were able to get right on the Disney Magical Express at the airport and were at the resort shortly after!  Due to COVID, they encourage contactless check-in which was super nice.  As we pulled up to the resort I received a text with our room number and headed that way.  No keys, not person just unlock the door with my phone and/or Magic Band!  It was pretty simple.  We dropped out bags and headed out for dinner!  Our room was in a nice location and close to the Skyliner!  As we entered room 6156, this is what we saw . . .

. . . and we were both like how are we going to sleep in that small bed . . . together.  I was certain that I requested TWO beds.  Then it hit me that one was a Murphy Bed so then our room looked like this . . .
. . . there we go that was much better and we both let out a sigh of relief and said let's go find dinner!  Of course I secretly already knew we would be taking the Skyliner to the Riviera Resort for a quick meal at Primo Piatto.  The Skyliner was really pretty neat . . . 
A few days before we arrived Disney modified the mask policy that only required mask while on transportation which was super nice.  It was not the most fun to wear a mask on the bus or other transportation since it is super hot and humid but it could have been worse!  I had read that Primo Piatto had amazing tomato soup so I got a Croque Monsieur (ham and cheese sandwich) with a side of tomato soup.  I must say the soup was very good and almost wish I had just got a bowl of soup!
With our bellies full, we headed back to the room to rest up for our first day of Disney magic . . . but I was fascinated with these beautiful mosaics at the Riviera that were massive and each tile was super small!  
 
I promised Colin we would not be there at rope drop (park opening) and there was no hurry.  I might regret that as he tends to sleep half the day away!

Miles Walked:  2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment