Saturday, July 3, 2021

Hola Mexico day 1

It is nice to be away from home!  I am not going to lie I have flip flopped many times on if I should go on this trip or just cancel.  The restrictions that are in place to return to my home country had me hesitant if I should even go to Mexico but here we are . . . me and my aunt decided to go and hope for the best.  The thought of not passing the required covid test to enter the U.S. is in the back of mind, but I am going to try to enjoy my time in Mexico . . . because this resort is amazing!  Welcome home for two days . . .
Our first resort is the Andaz Mayakoba which is located in Playa del Carmen area.  
Due to a delayed flight we arrived a little later than planned and then add the insane traffic due to road construction had us arriving later than expected.  The front desk shuttled us to our room located in the lagoon area . . .
We dropped our bags at the room . . . 
. . . look at that bird that is sleeping at my head!  It was just so cute.  The view from the room is of the lagoon . . . nothing super exciting but hard to believe the beach in just one mile in the distance!
The Andaz Mayakoba is one of four resorts located behind the gates of Mayakoba.  The Andaz Mayakoba is a huge resort that is divided into two areas; lagoon and beach.  It is about one mile from the check in area near the lagoon to the beach area.  Don't worry there are bikes and carts to transport you from one area to another.  The bikes made this an easy pick as I love a vacation with a nice bike ride.   We decided to take the cart to the beach area for an early dinner at Tinta del Pulpo!  Look at our view from the outdoor table . . .
We decided to split an order of chicken tlayudas.  We had no idea what a tlayuda was but it was not exactly what the staff described but it sure was good and much larger than expected so glad we are sharing!  It is basically what I would call a quesadilla . . . and that orange sauce is super spicy.  
Of course dessert was a must and when we saw tres leches it was an easy choice.  However we had never seen tres leches served in a jar but oh was it so yummy!
We walked down to the beach area to see just how bad it really was.  I had been tracking a sargassum seaweed issue that has been a huge issue for the Mexico coast.  The beach was nice . . . 
. . . but there was no hiding the sargassum seaweed.  It was awful!  At that point I knew we would not be spending any time at this beach!
The good news was this our room is in the lagoon area and this trip is a split stay vacation.  So we will be changing hotels/locations in a couple day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment