Monday, July 5, 2021

Mexico day 3

Today we change hotels . . . we have one last breakfast at Tinta del Pulpo and I am trying to soak up every second at this Andaz Mayakoba.  After seeing the downhill trek it is to the beach area, we knew riding a bike was not an option so we jumped on the cart.  The resort is so diverse to be in the mangrove lagoon area then the beach so quickly.  I loved the diversity and due to the beach issue with sargassum, I was happy our room was in the lagoon area.
I decided to order a local dish for my last breakfast and went with the grilled avocado.
The real unexpected for me was that big green leaf.  It is fried chaya; it was light, crispy, and yummy.  Once last check of the beach area, and it is still awful.
If this is how it looks after so much work of that many people and tractors not seen in the photo, I can not imagine what it would be like if they did nothing?  Honestly, I feel bad for the people trying to rake it as it seemed to be a pointless task.  I am a bit sad to leave Andaz Mayakoba but excited to check out Hyatt Zilara-Cancun too!  
The Hyatt Zilara had a much livelier, louder, party feel compared to the Andaz Mayakoba but we were excited to have the blue water and large pool to hang out by!  Plus the beaches were not nearly as bad as they were at Andaz Mayakoba . . . there is still a little sargassum but not that much!  We enjoyed exploring the resort and getting the lay of the land for the next few days.  The Hyatt Zilara is an all inclusive resort (18+ only) so all food and drink are included.  We grabbed a dessert and coffee to enjoy on the balcony while watching the sun set . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment