Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Day 0: the trip begins

The start of a trip is always a bit stressful for me.  This one is especially stressful as it is the first time in many years that I have been to Europe.  We are packed and ready to go!  Just 2 carry-on bags and 2 small backpacks!
This is really our first big trip since 2019, and I am a bit excited!  Of course we stopped at Babe's Chicken House . . . 
The DFW airport is still lacking at times when it comes to the food options being stocked.  Colin always insist on going to Terminal C to eat at Shake Shack.  I don't mind either.  However, this time might have changed our future dinner plans before our flights . . . they are always out of something . . . ice and ketchup this time.  Seriously!  Since we are flying in business class we had access to the American Airlines Flagship Lounge.  I mean I am paying for this so might as well use it.  I had a few sweet treats while we waited on our flight.
. . . only one was good (top back with nuts on top).  The time goes so much faster when you are waiting in a quiet, clean area and it was time to board our flight.   I can already tell this is going to be a nice flight!
 
We were served a meal shortly after take-off and the best part was the dessert!
. . . and now it is time to sleep, eat, and sleep some more . . . hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment