Friday, June 9, 2023

Hello Summer 2023

Summer has official started . . . sort of!  Colin has been out of college for a month and completed a college minimester class (two week intense course).  I have been out a few days so we are off to enjoy time away from home before Colin's regular summer school classes get busy.  I had a free night at one of our favorite Texas resorts, Hyatt Regency Lost Pines located near Bastrop, Texas.  The plan was to do nothing but relax . . . which meant eat, sleep, fish, and hang out by the pool!  I was disappointed when we arrived because the property is under major construction renovations.  No where did I see this when I booked or I would have gone elsewhere.  It did sort of kill the serene feel of the property but then again I remembered our stay was free.  My main reason to come was to enjoy the lazy river.
I mean it is really nice to just hop in a tube and float for hours especially in this hot Texas summer!  I was happy to see the resort was not that busy!  The rooms have had a major refresh since we were there last and the updated interior is really nice.
 
 
It was off to walk around and enjoy the peaceful outdoors.
There are so many areas to just sit and enjoy which we did!
Colin realized they had a trap shooting area and signed up to go do a quick 25 target shoot.  
. . . and then off to fish.  Well, that was the plan.  He packed his rod but apparently I did not realize that I needed to grab the tackle box with the hooks and other supplies so it was a bit of a disaster.  
Oh well, we headed out to enjoy the fire pit by making s'mores.  We had this fire pit to ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment