Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 Review

I know some will find it hard to believe but this year we traveled less than usual.  Even though we were not on the road as much we still managed to explore some cool places with fun experiences too.

Colin's Favorites
1.  skiing at Copper Mountain
2.  White House for Medal of Honor Ceremony

Heidi's Favorites (in no specific order)
1.  llama Hike in Utah
2.  riding bikes on Mackinac Island
3.  relaxing on beaches of Cabo San Lucas and Turks & Caicos
4.  White House for Medal of Honor Ceremony . . . it was historic, emotional and awesome!

I use an app on my phone called Tripit . . . I started using it in 2011.  I love it and it is free!  It keeps all your trip plans organized which makes it easy to keep hotels, activities, and flights organized.  They have a feature that keeps track of you Travel Stats which I just discovered.  So here is the Distance Traveled for 2019:

2 comments:

  1. Wonder what this year will look like. You said you hadn't made any reservations. So far this year we have cancelled two trips - one was just a week on a beach in Mexico in February, and the other was a bucket list trip to Machu Picchu in April. I am not complaining - I completely understand why we are sheltering at home and wish everyone would do so as conscientiously as I have been. It is hard to know when we might be able to travel so it is hard to know what to plan for when! Hoping both you and Colin stay healthy and safe! ~Sue Kirlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to cancel our only planned trip of 2020 . . . we should be sitting on the beach in the Bahamas this week. I was fine with the canceling except the company is only issuing a voucher and not a refund . . . I even had travel insurance booked back in January before this pandemic and wouldn't you know that is a non covered reason even though there was no pandemic back then. I have booked a few really cheap flights for summer . . . like $90 round trip (Southwest with Companion Pass) for 2 people and if they go great and if I have to cancel that is okay too. I think by the time the travel ban (so not really a travel ban but isn't a priority now) is over that I will just want to sit on a beach and do nothing or then again after being confined for so long at home I might want to climb a mountain!

      Oh man Machu Picchu is an amazing place to visit . . . did you rebook for later in the year? Did you plan the trip on your own or with a company? We went in July and the weather was great but the crowds were heavy too but not too bad. Fingers crossed this will end soon and that you are well!

      Delete