Thursday, January 18, 2024

Birthday Weekend: Miami Beach, Florida

I love lazy wake-ups when you do not really have plans, but I could not wait to pull back the curtains and see the beach, ocean, and sunshine . . . 
GOOOOOOOD MORNING sunshine . . . well okay clouds . . . the only thing on my list today was plopping myself in a beach chair and watching the waves . . . but first it was breakfast.  A buffet breakfast was included at Ambersweet which I am not a big fan of buffets so I asked if it was possible to order from the menu.  It was; so I had Challah "Tres Leche" French Toast with Cherry Compote.  Can you say yummmy?
I walked to the beach as soon as I finished my breakfast . . . I am not sure what I was thinking but the news said it was a cold day today . . . it was 74 . . . so I did not wear my swimsuit.  After a few minutes, I went back to the room and changed.  I know, what was I thinking?  I was back at the beach by 1015am and would stay there until late afternoon.  It was so nice, relaxing, sunny, warm, not crowded . . . just a perfect afternoon.
The hotel has complimentary bikes to ride on the boardwalk so that was my evening activity.  I grabbed a bike and headed out to watch the sun set.
And then I had a bit of a mishap.  I fell . . . off my bike.  It was not as dramatic or exciting as it sounds but as I went to get off, I swung my right leg across the back and it hung on the basket that I forgot about.  My foot was caught and in super slow motion I was falling on the pavement as these two young girls watched.  All I could think about was protecting my head as I fell backwards.  The bike landed on top of me, my elbows and knees were scratch, and my pride was crushed.  I got up and the two girls asked if I was okay and then giggled.  Thankfully, I was returning the bike for the night  . . .  so on my last night of 49; I fell off a bicycle.  I returned the bike and went to my room for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment