Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Birthday Weekend: to Miami, Florida

So I decided to take a bit of time off from work and head out early to celebrate my birthday.  Not just any birthday but my 50th birthday!  I really wanted to go somewhere on my bucket list but time just did not allow me to skip work for that long.  For some reason I have become a bit wishy washy when it comes to booking my trips but a week before my birthday I decided to take a short cruise out of Miami.  I arrived after dark and decided that the Miami airport was just a mess, but when I walked outside and it was warm and humid, all was better.  When I left Texas we had terrible winter weather and it had been below freezing for 4 days.  Today was the first day in several above freezing, and I was extremely happy to be leaving that behind in Texas for a few days.  I booked a hotel on Miami Beach and was so excited to see how the hotel and beach looked in the morning!  I booked The Confidante Miami Beach Hotel which was a delight and large for one person!  I loved the mix of so many fabric patterns and the décor.
And to top off the night since I was in Miami, I watched a few episodes of The Golden Girls . . . this room reminds me of an updated version of their house.  Calling it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment