Friday, January 19, 2024

My 50th Birthday at Sea

Honestly, I can not believe I have lived 50 years!  I mean how does that happen?  It seems like yesterday I was celebrating 30 with a three week old baby boy.  I am sure my parents feel like I was just born!  It was a slow wake up with a nice breakfast at Ambersweet . . . today it was Avocado Toast which I love!
I headed back to the room to pack for my trip to the Miami Cruise Port.  My boarding time was 1:30 pm and I was ready to get on the boat . . . I mean ship.  Apparently avid cruisers get offended when you refer to a cruise ship as a boat.  The drive to the port was less than 20 minutes.  I have not cruised since 2019 so I was curious to see the changes. 
Since this was a short cruise, I only  had a small carry-on bag so did not drop bags with the porter.  I knew that by the time I was onboard that my cabin would be ready and I wanted to get my stuff unpacked.  I decided to have some fun taking silly photos in the cabin before heading out for the evening.
 
I treated myself to a special dinner at the Chef's Table . . . me and eight other people would have a multi course meal with a wine pairing for each course . . . I am not a drinker so this might be interesting!  I never pay for the special restaurants so this was going to be a treat for me.  It was neat that the chef came out with each course and talked about how she picked this course and prepared it.  
Let me just say it was a lot of food and booze!  I was stuffed and d-o-n-e!!!
I liked all the courses except for the roasted branzino (bottom row, first photo) . . . it wasn't horrible just not my favorite.  The aftermath of all those glasses!  One little sip and our server Arnold would add more.
I might have stumbled back to my room and been asleep very early.  At least I did find my cabin!
It was a great way to spend my 50th birthday, but I still plan on taking a bucket list trip later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment