Monday, March 4, 2024

AZ Road Trip Day 3: North We Go!

I dropped my rental car and met up with my friends at the airport. Phoenix airport now has a new way to get from the rental car center to the airport terminals and it sure beats the old bus system! However, the car drop off was a bit confusing and the signs were not exactly pointing to the direction to go so I got yelled at by a jerk employee . . . I could tell he hates his job! It took everything I had to not snap back but can’t help he is an unhappy person. We load up and head towards Prescott, Arizona. Behind our hotel there is a really cool historic bridge from the 1890s that the hotel had incorporated into the theme so we had a little fun . . . 
I weather is amazing and the views great too. The best part is just chatting and catching up with my friends. We walk around the courthouse square . . .
. . . and head to dinner at The Palace Restaurant and Saloon. It is the oldest business and oldest bar operating in the state of Arizona. It opened in 1877 and is located on historic Whiskey Row. It is considered one of the most historic bars in Arizona. It was as if we stepped back in time and expected Wyatt Earp or Doc Holliday to come walking through the saloon doors.
The dinner was pretty good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment