Wednesday, March 6, 2024

AZ Road Trip Day 5: Red Rock Overload

The one thing I can say about this trip is that it is very laid back with little planning. I am not sure I like this, but when you travel with a group you sort of have to lower your expectations. Don’t get me wrong I am having a great time but it is very different that when I travel solo. Sedona, Arizona is a very pretty but touristy town. I have been here many times and each time is different. It is a great place to get outdoors and enjoy the red rocks. Today’s main activity was going on a Pink Jeep tour . . . can you even say you have been to Sedona if you don’t take a jeep tour? Our tour is an listed as an archeological tour that is laid back and more educational. Just driving around is fine with me as I can enjoy the views. 
The main part of the tour is visiting the Honanki Heritage Site to see the cliff dwellings and petroglyphs. It was a super easy walk but some in our group were scolded for not staying on the trail!  
The cliff dwelling and petroglyphs were visible but honestly it was not that spectacular of a tour in my opinion. 
The guide made an interesting comment saying that anything before 1930 is considered “historic” . . . this sort of surprised me as 1930 wasn’t that long ago which means this graffiti is considered "historic". 
It was a quick drive back to town and we made a quick change to have a beautiful dinner outdoors watching the sunset . . . 
. . .  at SaltRock Southwest Kitchen with knockout views! I had the lobster tacos and some fancy margarita.
It sure did get cold outside when the sun went down! Outdoor heaters and blankets helped but man the desert can be so diverse!

No comments:

Post a Comment