Monday, June 20, 2011

Great Sand Dunes, CO

We woke to rain which would be nice if we were in Texas. It wasn't a big deal since we were heading out today. I decided at the last minute to do a detour to Great Sand Dunes National Park. We had so much fun when we went to White Sands, NM a few years back. What I wasn't expecting is how in the middle of no where it was and how large the sand dunes really were.
Doesn't look so big but look at the people in the photo below . . .

We stopped in Alamoso to rent a sand sled and headed out. Of course guess who all of the sudden has TONS of energy . . .

. . . and who is wondering how much longer? The place was beautiful but a ton of work to hike up the dunes . . . a LOT of work but FUN too! And since I hiked out there, I figured I might as well give it a go at least once . . .


I'm so out of shape! We crashed but laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment