Monday, June 20, 2011

to Taos, NM

After we left the sand dunes we were on the back roads of Colorado and New Mexico. There wasn't much to see. We crossed the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge and parked to walk across.

I got to the middle and was done, why? Several trucks and cars came barrelling across and the vibrations and movement sort of freaked me out a bit. It was nice to see below and snap the above photos but that was all I needed.

It was late when we arrived in the town of Taos for the night so we pulled into a place across from the hotel called 5 Star Burgers. They were so yummy. It wasn't your typical burger joint but very upscale with some yummy Sangria too! My dad had a Bison Burger which was good, but I preferred the Green Chili Cheeseburger that my mom and I split . . . oh and the yummy sweet potato fries too. We zipped across the street to the hotel. The hotel I booked was SO outdated! I swear online photos are so misleading! It was the oldest and worst looking hotel I have seen in a long time. The other thing that bothered me was that we booked a non-smoking room but on all sides were smoking rooms. Why do hotels do this? It reeked of smoke and was just gross! I did not sleep that well but maybe it was because I was excited about what was going to happen in the morning? I will say the breakfast made up for the crappy room . . . you ordered off a menu so the food was fresh and tasty.

Did I mention that I'm so excited about tomorrow morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment