Sunday, July 31, 2011

Simi Valley, CA

Since we were on schedule we were able to squeeze in one more stop! I wanted to stop at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum. It was a beautiful drive to the location. It was late in the day so there were hardly any people there which was nice. Colin was about done by this point, but he managed to hang with me and let me enjoy the museum exhibits. I was amazed at how new and modern the displays were.


One thing that I thought was interesting was John McCain's POW bracelet was on display. I wondered if Reagan wore it or just collected them to remember the POWs? We spent time in the 'vehicle' room. We even walked on Air Force One . . .
. . . I was amazed at how small it was on the inside. It only held 52 passengers which seems small. I image the current AF1 is much larger. We walked around the grounds outside and then it was time to head out. Colin requested Outback for dinner; not just steak but Outback . . . we did not have a hotel reservation yet . . . thanks to having a 'real' cell phone I was able to get online and as luck would have it we came across a Hampton Inn with and Outback in the same parking lot . . . double score!

No comments:

Post a Comment